Name:

Sharing my views, through the eyes of someone who never studied beyond Secondary School... but who cares?

Friday, January 20, 2006

Spyware, Adware, Malware... Underware?

Alright, I know it has been days since I've updated from the supposed "Update later tonight" entry. My wireless connection to my modem got knocked out.

This is all thanks to my laptop being hit by some annoying Adware and Malware (Trojan). Spyware of course, is always there if you use IE.

It took me ages to weed out the stupid things and I am still trying to, as of now, getting my internet connection to work properly. My Winsock2 apparently got whacked on top of all things, which in a way I was thankful as there was no access for the author of the trojan to access my laptop since my laptop became disabled in a way.

I had Spybot-Search & Destroy, Ad-aware, ZoneAlarm Professional and NAV installed, YET the confounded Trojan and his buddy adware managed to infiltrate my system! The adware actually hijacked my toolbar and kept popping up annoying messages...

There I was, cringing everytime I saw a new pop-up with some error or ad message, trying so hard to save my 4 year old laptop with some precious data in it. Countless cups of Coffee and Tea, absent-mindedly scooping a big spoon of Chilli Padi unto my fried rice that triggered of the fire alarm after taking a huge mouthful of it. All that stress and pain over these lines of code.

All thanks to Adware and Malware.

Authors of these programs... I am beyond words as to what I would do to them if I can lay my hands on them...

Will update once my laptop stabilizes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

clue: u get adware from visiting www.xialanxue.blogspot.com =]

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home