Name:

Sharing my views, through the eyes of someone who never studied beyond Secondary School... but who cares?

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Catching Up...

Finally, I am back to doing some entries. Laptop seems to be quite stable now, but it seems to have slowed down. I will figure on formatting the HDD all over after I get to backup everything. And I have quite a fair bit to catch up on. I have drafts sitting there, half done or barely done. I kinda lost my trail of thought for them actually. Guess I will try to catch unto those trails again.

Speaking of which, I recently caught up with 2 old friends who were both back in town for these couple of weeks.

C, is German and D is English (well he is half-Irish technically speaking). The both of them flew back from UK together with C's girlfriend and we were gathered at D's home in Singapore as his folks reside here.

There was plenty of beer to go around, C brought some and D has an entire normal sized fridge dedicated to beer (yea, it's absurd.) But ack, if I could drink that much beer, I would be very happy. Unfortunately, I must profess that I am not an avid Tiger Beer fan nor a fan of canned/bottled beer like them :p

I mean, give me Erdinger or Kilkenny from the tap anytime, but just not Tiger or any beer in canned/bottled form (I think I will get murdered by them for just saying that... heh) Well, since I am not drinking on a consistent basis like them (D wakes up in the morning and goes for beer immediately), I guess it is not too bad to have a can, once in a while. I am in fact, a terrible beer drinker although I used to do a fair bit of hard liquor. But those were younger days.

At any rate, we were catching up over some lost time, discussed over several things that happened recently and others, including the hanging of the drug trafficker from Australia. I was surprised by their views, the both of them had actually agreed that he should be hung.

Why surprised? Well I was quite expecting them to advocate some form of human rights and non-violence or even the morality of it. They were and maybe are still pretty wild. C was talking about some german girl who was caught not too long ago for drugs in Singapore and got fined or something (I cannot remember the exact details as I did not remember about this incident), said that she was now in UK doing the very same thing. Selling Drugs, being a Drug Peddlar.

And for that C felt that anyone who sold drugs should even be hung as well. My view was somewhat similar, except that I felt the law should be expanded to cover beyond heroin. Drugs, that are meant for "pleasure" are destructive in many more forms that some might even realize.
Time has change and in this age, it is really beyond heroin, cocaine, weed and marijuana. Synthetic drugs should be tackled as well.

I know that there will be always people who disagree with it, but to me, these matters are quite subjective when it comes to personal feelings. We must of course, at the end of the day, consider the objective of any matter at hand. I will not be going further into these issues as I know that there have been repeated discussions about death sentences and so forth. There will always be those that advocate for it, are against it or are fine with either.

People, just please stay clear of drugs. Although there are things out there that can cause even more misery for people, by people and through people themselves. A good step to keeping things from turning worse, stay clear of drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home