Name:

Sharing my views, through the eyes of someone who never studied beyond Secondary School... but who cares?

Monday, January 30, 2006

Chinese New Year 2006...

I was amazed today at the empty streets around Bukit Timah up to Bukit Batok. Never have I seen the streets so empty from traffic and people.

It has been 11 years since I spent my Chinese New Year in Singapore. And yet for some bizzarre reason, my family decides to fly to Thailand for a Holiday when I am trying to have Chinese New Year in Singapore for the 1st time in 11 years and I am somewhat left behind.

I have never seen shopping malls completely closed except for a few food outlets, Guardian Pharmacy and Watson's open. Even Sakae Sushi was closed! Yes, I was actually at West Mall since I had nothing to do.

Everyone had their families to spend their Chinese New Year with, even in Coffee Bean & Delifrance and well... I am still figuring out as to why my folks are all in Thailand except me.

Hell, I can't be bothered much about it further. Guess I will never have the opportunity to celebrate Chinese New Year properly.

If you are asking about relatives, well I have no relatives in Singapore. The nearest ones are somewhere in Malaysia and the rest are all over the world. So there you go, no relatives to spend Chinese New Year with either. I have absolutely no intention on barging into any of my friend's family affairs, so I guess that sums it up for me this Chinese New Year.

Have a good one everyone :)

p.s: It just got me thinking about my Chinese New Year in 1993 after I walked past a funeral. My deepest sympathy goes out to them, when people are celebrating away, they are in deep mourning.

In 1993, my grandma had passed away during the 3rd day of Chinese New Year, and in that very same year, 2 more of my relatives passed away. Although I did not know them well at all, it was like before I could get over the grief for one, another came and another...

Damn, now I am depressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home